Jun 27, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Loving this one so far! I always enjoy a good origin story! One that totally changes the way you see the supposed villain! 


"And that was that. Peter had spoken, and we would all do as he wished. It was his island. He had invited us there, had promised us we would be young and happy forever.

So we were. Unless we got sick, or died, or were taken by the pirates." p 18 











TITLE: Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook
AUTHOR: Christina Henry
PUBLISHER: Berkley Books
GENRE: Fairy Tale Retellings--bc by now we can say it's a genre! ;)
RELEASE DATE: July 4, 2017


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Best Books I've Read in 2017 So Far!


*in no particular order


10. AS OLD AS TIME by Liz Braswell--this one took me by surprise since I was unable to really enjoy the first two book of the series. Not sure why, the idea of them was good, but I know in the second one I was totally confused and gave up on it. But this one, this one was GOOD!
9. VIOLET GRENADE by Victoria Scott--another excellent read by Victoria! This one had a dark, gritty edge to it that I couldn't help but love!
8. SPECTACLE by Rachel Vincent--I always love Rachel's books! This one was no exception!! Cannot wait to see how it ends next year!


7. BREAKING by Danielle Rollins--this series so far is pretty twisted, but it's sooo good! It really hooks you in! My only issues is not knowing if there's more. But there NEEDS to be more!!
6. NIGHT MAGIC by Jenna Black--totally amazing!!! And again...I NEED TO KNOW THAT THERE'S MORE TO COME! Pretty sure there's one, but still!
5. HUNTED by Meagan Spooner--lots of wonderful Beauty and the Beast retellings this year! This was one of my favorites among them!


4. TORN by Alyssa Rose Ivy--looooved finally getting Hailey's story!! Cannot wait for the next installment!
3. THE TURN by Kim Harrison--this one was rather interesting as well! Really makes you look at the Hollows differently, even though it was before we knew all our favorite characters!
2. ROAR by Cora Carmack--this one I took a chance on, but I ended up LOVING it! Far exceeded my expectations!! 


1. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas--LOVED IT!! And yes, I KNOW! I NEED to read the last one asap!! But haven't found the right time yet, but working on it! I swear!





7 comments:

  1. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACOMAF ruined me for the other books in this series. ACOWAR wasn't bad, but it couldn't hold a candle to ACOMAF. I have Roar, and need to get to that soon. It has been shown so much love, and I am a Carmack fan.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books here are on my wish list! I came across Lostboy yesterday. That cover!

    My TT from Iced

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacle would be one of my favorites for the first part of this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a Rachel Vincent book since her Soul Screamers finished! I really need to catch up to her new stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to reas Spectacle I really enjoyed Menagerie. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only read one of your top ten books this time around. That kinda makes me sad. Didn't realize that Torn was out already, will be one-clicking as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!