Jun 13, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"'Oh no!' Dee said. 'You should've gave it a grand name. What'll it say in the history books? Miss Henrietta Howel, the savior of England, and her stave, Porridge?'" p 82 














TITLE: A Shadow Bright and Burning
AUTHOR: Jessica Cluess
PUBLISHER: Random House Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: September 20, 2016


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Father's Day Freebie: Best Dads/Father Figures in Books!


*in no particular order
**just like last month I find this will be tricky, as again, parents are hardly ever in books, be they YA or adult! LOL! 



5. BONES from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series--while we don't actually get to see Bones in fatherly action, I think it's a safe bet to say he's going to be an awesome dad!
4. GREG SAUNDERS from Rachel Vincent's Werecat series--Greg was an excellent alpha and an even better dad!
3. IBRAHIM "ABE" MAZUR from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series--Abe, he may not be perfect, but he shows he cares in unique ways!


2. KEITH MARS from Veronica Mars--so I'm stretching with this one obviously! I can't remember if Keith popped up in the book series or not, I still need to read the last one too. But he was always an awesome dad on the show and that continues on in the books!
1. SIRIUS BLACK from the Harry Potter series--since we never got to see James in action, I'm going with Sirius on this one, because duh!







13 comments:

  1. Yes! Keith Mars! (and coincidently, I am listening to the 2nd VMars book right now). Mars is definitely a #dadgoals type of dad. Abe was an interesting father figure, who went above and beyond in his own special way.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to come up with parents for the exact reason you mentioned. I ended up doing a twist on the post to honor my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! This one is on my stack and I hope to get to it soon. My teaser is from Indigo by Charlaine Harris and a host of others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KIETH MARS! Great choice. I can't remember if he was in the books either but they're set in Neptune so how could he now. He is a seriously amazing dad though.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun teaser. I like snark with my reads. LOL Great list of books too.

    My TT from Passport To Murder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your post!! I haven't read any of the books on your list, so have new books to check out.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my TTT post this week. You rock!!

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great teaser! Thank you for sharing!!
    My teaser is from: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about parents hardly ever appearing. The ones that do pop up are so forgettable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the teaser! Pretty much nailed what I thought when she named the stave. Love that Sirius Black is on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love a couple of books with Cat and Bones as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is stunning!
    https://carabosseslibrary.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!