Jun 6, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"His amber eyes fix on me, and they seem to glow in the light. 'No, ma'am,' he says. 'I never said it was accidental. Or a drowning.'" p 67















TITLE: Stillhouse Lake
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
PUBLISHER: Thomas & Mercer
GENRE: Thriller Mystery

RELEASE DATE: July 1, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: 10 Books from Mysteries and Paranormal Romance That I've Recently Added to MY TBR Pile


*in no particular order 
**I decided to spin this as what I added to my TBR pile vs list since the list is usually all over the place and the list really gets written up towards the end of the year! Lol! Haven't really added much to the list that can all fit under one genre either! There were paranormal titles, fantasy titles, thrillers, YA, Adult, it's all over the place! 


Recent Mystery Additions:

10. STILLHOUSE LAKE by Rachel Caine--my current read! I got this one over the weekend with the Kindle Firsts or whatever they call it where Prime members can choose 1 kindle book for free! When I saw Rachel's was one for this month I nabbed it without even looking at my other choices!
9. NIGHT MAGIC by Jenna Black--this might have to be my next read! I LOVED Nightstruck and it ended sooo cliffhangery!! Going to have to revise my reading queue now!
8. BEAUTIFUL BROKEN GIRLS by Kim Savage--a recent contest win! I still want to read her fist thriller mystery YA read, but definitely looking forward to this one too!


7. A GRAVE PREDICTION by Victoria Laurie--so despite having brought this one last year, I technically forgot to add it to my to read list on Goodreads! Whoops! I was hoping to get caught up in this series soon! Just need to read the one before this one, then this one and then the NEW one in July!!
6. ELEVENTH GRAVE IN MOONLIGHT by Darynda Jones--speaking of falling behind, I am really behind in my favorite Charley Davidson series! I still need to read 8th Grave! Eep!
5. TWO CAN PLAY by Kate Kessler--I still need to read the first book, but I loooove Kady, Kate and her many personas' books! This is a series I know I will love!


Recent Paranormal Romance Additions:



4. THE VAMPIRE'S TRUE LOVE TRIALS by Kristen Painter--as you can see, I am very behind in this series! I bought book 6 awhile back but realized I was missing the novella 6.5 as well as books 7 & 8! Hoping to get caught up in this one soon too!
3. THE DRAGON FINDS FOREVER by Kristen Painter
2. THE VAMPIRE'S ACCIDENTAL WIFE by Kristen Painter--it's JUILAN'S BOOK!!!


1. TORN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--total spaz that I am, I am behind in this series too! I think I need to do a binge read of all her books too in the very near future!







15 comments:

  1. I read Beautiful Broken Girls back in Feb (?), and I thought the writing was quite beautiful. I heard Savage's first book is better than this one, so I am really looking forward to reading it. I don't read a ton of mysteries, but I read The Bakersville Dozen last week, and I really enjoyed it.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Top Ten list, Jessica. I love the look of Stillhouse Lake and hope you are enjoying it. This is my TT this week - a murder mystery as it happens... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/teaser-tuesday-6th-june-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Beautiful Broken Girls at my library recently and almost grabbed it but I picked up Missing by Kelley Armstrong instead. I still hope to get it someday. I just grabbed Stillhouse Lake as my Kindle First pick this month. Seems it's getting a lot of buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stillhouse Lake is on my stack too. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with Caine's books. I hope this one falls into the love category. My YA teaser is from The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of Beautiful Broken Girls, just need to get to it soon! I haven't read a JLA book in awhile, probably because I binge-read her books for awhile and needed a break. Maybe it's been enough time, so I can get back to her books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I love a good mystery. I also added Stillhouse Lake to my TBR recently. I like another series Rachel Caine does and so when I saw it as one of the Kindle First books for the month I snagged it. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! Really makes you want to read the book

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great books. I haven't read Rachel Caine in a while and that cover is chilling! I enjoyed Beautiful Broken Girls and just recently ordered both of the books in Jenna Black's series.

    My TT from Of Beast And Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Armentrout, but I'm behind on her series too. Need to fix that!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Rachel Caine, but somehow this book was not on my radar. I have pre-ordered it. I can't wait to see what you think about it.

    I'm glad you like the new look at Reading Lark! As always, thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much fun to win contests! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just skip the rest and read Torn! The book has Tink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber eyes glowing... back a way gal back away! Binge reading all of JLA books sounds like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to squeeze in Stillhouse Lake soon especially if I start seeing good reviews for it. I do need to read the Darynda Jones series as well. Enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gahhhh Torn is so so so good! One of my fave of all her books.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!