Jan 10, 2016

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



First week of the new year was pretty quiet. Though this first 5 day week in the past two, really dragged man! Totally think the country needs to switch to the 4 day work week. It's a lot more balanced anyway! Monday should be the off day, because as we all know, Mondays just suck. LOL!

Anyway here's what I got this week:



YES!! IT FINALLY CAME!! My DELUXE LIMITED EDITION of the Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling and illustrated by Jim Kay!! 

This is the first time ever I spent SO much on a book! Of course, after I said I would never spend more than the usual rate for a book again, I preordered a special edition re-release but in hardcover limited edition of another book. But that one was only $50! LOL.

I now have a TON of "coffee table" books and yet no coffee table! As it is, I've made two stacks of them on my TBR trunk!


If that wasn't enough to make my week incredible, I still got a little bit more to share:

A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder by Victoria Laurie--the last Ghost Hunter book! And I'm still behind! Sob!
Wylde Magic by Erin Kellison--a freebie read!!
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder--got this one and Fire Study to complete my collection! I now have the entire first trilogy in the Australian paperbacks! :D
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder


Then I WON a SIGNED early copy of:

Night Study by Maria V. Snyder--there was much happy dancing with this one!!


And finally, for review from the author I received:

The Vampire's Fake Fiancee by Kristen Painter--I LOOOOVE this series!!! So eager to read Sebastian's story!


And that was my awesome week!! What did you all get?!





22 comments:

  1. I'm a bit late in the Laurie series but I really can't wait to catch up. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul, Jessica! And I can't believe the signed copy of Night Study, lucky you! The HP looks beautiful! I guess next up now should definitely be a coffee table ;)
    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I'm in LOVE with your Harry Potter book. But I'm scared to know the price. I bought several of the special edition Twilight books way back when, maybe I should try selling them to get that awesome book.

    Looks like you have a great list of books this week. I'm loving the cover and title for The Vampire's Fake Fiancee. That looks like something I'd really enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier! Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Great haul!!! Looks like you made out like a bandit this week. Talk about getting the holy grail of books. I'm super jealous of you new Harry Potter book. So many lovely new covers. I hope you enjoy all your new books. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! I really need to hurry up and read Shadow Study before Night Study releases. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome win, Night Study. And everyone's loving the HP illustrated book. I've seen a few snapshots, it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Deluxe Edition cover is beautiful..enjoy! Night Study has me curious -congrats on the win Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the study series and hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, the limited edition looks so pretty! Happy reading.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT IS BEAUTIFUL! ... Now I want.

    I am *still* waiting on my mother's illustrated edition. (Pretty pissed about the whole thing.)

    I hope you enjoy your new beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo! I love that deluxe limited edition! Honestly, franchise get me good, all they have to do is use words like "rare" or "limited edition" or "special edition" and I am SOLD. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Jessica. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Maria V. Snyder's books! You are so lucky to have won a signed copy!! I really wanted the Deluxe edition of the illustrated Harry POtter, but I could never get past the cost. I'll just look at yours and envy you!

    Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, the illustrated Harry Potter is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my God, that Harry Potter edition is beyond gorgeous! I’m so jealous that you finally have it! And, I would love to see your coffee table books! I love browsing through these and I hope you do a post on them. :)

    Great books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome HP deluxe edition! I just had to look it up when I saw it and yikes, it's a bit too rich for my blood but wow, it's so beautiful :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! The deluxe edition is so gorgeous!! If I had extra money I totally would have sprung for that one too. Have a fantastic week! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sooooo need to catch up on the Ghost Hunter books. Every time I see one on your blog I think...hmm, I need to get busy on that, but then I never do. The covers always catch my eye as well. Don't worry, you'll have a great coffee table some day. We used to have one but with 2 100 pound dogs in the house, you cut corners where you can so no more coffee table - haha. Enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm jealous of your fabulous books. I hope you enjoy them all.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that first book! I need that one! Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice! I keep meaning to read Maria Snyder but never quite get there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul! I also need to buy Harry Potter illustrated edition...is gorgeous.

    Here is My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Vampire's Fake Fiancee looks interesting. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!