Nov 26, 2015

Random Thursday

Time for more intriguing and amazingly bizarre factoids from That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright & Jakob Anser!

This is yet another oddly weird, because that double weirdness is necessary for this one regarding good ol' Aunt Flow!

"Aunt Flow' is a citizen of the world. Internationally, euphemisms for menstruation vary wildly:

Australia:
'I've got flags out.'

Brazil:
'I'm with Chico.'

China:
'Little sister has come home.'

Denmark:
'There are communists in the funhouse.'

England:
'I'm flying the Japanese flag.'

France:
'The English have arrived.'

Germany:
'The cranberry woman is coming.'

Japan:
'Little Miss Strawberry'

Puerto Rico:
'Did the rooster already sing?'

United States (redux):
'Shark Week'"


Have to say, those are all entirely new to me! And wow, Shark Week?? Didn't know that! The one that made me laugh the most is Germany's! That's hilarious!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!