Apr 4, 2015

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)



This week's topic is: Favorite Paranormal YA Authors


*in no particular order
**hoping this is still the topic as it was in the lead when I checked



RICHELLE MEAD
 
Richelle is the author who brought me back to reading Paranormal YA...or really YA in general since when I was a teen, Paranormal YA did not exist! Finding Paranormal YA books was rare, though it did happen!
 
 
JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT
 
This woman writes it all! I do love her YA books though because they're paranormal! First with snarky Daemon who always made me laugh and then there was book blogger Katy! And Love Layla and Roth! So cannot wait to see how that series ends this year either!
 
 
GENA SHOWALTER
 
More shameless promoting for Gena's Intertwined series? Well, of course! Besides I LOVED this series! This was right as I was getting my YA groove back on and I'll admit, I was hesitant to read this one what with the male protagonist. But I won the first two copies of this series, so I read them and WOW! Just WOW! They are FREAKING AMAZING!! You all should read them! (and leave lots of positive reviews in lots of places!) Also adored her Alice in Zombieland series too!
 
 
JULIE KAGAWA
 
I love Julie's books too! I'm over the moon for them! All of them have been awesome! Though I picked her vampire series here since it's a straight up Paranormal choice! Fey and Dragons are paranormal in a sense, but I was worried someone calling out that it was more fantasy, though modern...yeah, semantics! :)
 
 
KELLEY ARMSTRONG
 
 Kelley has already written several YA series! She's on her third one at least! Loved them all! Her first two are definitely more Paranormal while her newer one is more fantasy, but still incredible! I loved seeing her write a YA series in her Otherworld world, yet still having a unique storyline that stood on its own.




 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Kelley's paranormal series but I'm really enjoying her fantasy YA series! And I still need to read something by Gena Showalter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks!

    I know im super duper late... but my post is up 1 and a half week late... I added your link already=)

    sorry for this hon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!