Mar 19, 2015

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.


Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list  
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Have you ever been inspired by a book character to do something? Who was the character and what was it? - Suggested by Eternity Through Pages



MY ANSWER: Honestly? I can't remember. I want to say no, because there's nothing coming to mind. So I guess not. I was already blogging before I finally read Obsidian, so can't even mention that one! LOL!

EDIT: While on the other hand, when I first read my first vampire book Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes I learned she had her first book published when she was 13. Which I found to be amazing. I was 13 when I read her books and I knew that it wasn't possible for me to be published right then. But after reading her book--which sort of opened the door to paranormal reads and later fantasy reads, I was kind of inspired to write my own stories. 

I started thinking...well, I sort of wished the character would've done "this" instead. I didn't write fan fiction, just sort of wrote my own story with the kind of character I wanted to read about.

Of course those stories I wrote are sooooo terrible! I look back at them and I laugh so hard! It was like, whatever I wanted to happen, no matter how impossible, it happened. And by impossible, I sort of mean improbable. Like it was supposed to be a "real world" kind of moment before the fantasy/paranormal took over and it was just so, so bad!! But hey, I was only 13 or so! LOL!




15 comments:

  1. Same here! I don't think I've been actually being inspired by a character to do anything before, except for one thing that I'm hoping to do later on. :) Old follower, have a nice weekend! (:

    My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg getting books published at 13 is quite something!! No wonder you didn't completely relate to that, but it's great that it inspired you to write and create stories! Thanks for dropping by today :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything off hand this morning that was inspired by a book character. Only that I wish I could be like some of those characters..you know..spunky kick ass characters who take on the world without much of a care..LOL

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love your edit! I wrote some pretty awful fanfic around that age too... But I saved it because it cracks me up! :P

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think characters really inspired me to do much, other than write my own stories! Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Jess, I thought that too, but I was forgot that I'm writing my own book,I hope that I will published it some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of times - it's pretty difficult for me to read a book and NOT get inspired by at least one character. The book would have to be pretty bad, lol :) And I tend to stay away from those. Cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should go back and revisit those writings! Tweak and revise them and create a book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your story! I totally suck at writing, no matter how much I wish I could write better. It's like my brain just blanks and there's nothing there.

    Old follower. Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It makes me laugh looking back on my writings from when I was a kid. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, this was a tough question this week! I had to really think about it! Love your story, Jessica!

    Old follower! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that the author inspired you rather than the character. And this was a really tough question this week.

    New GFC follower xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome you were inspired to write, even if just for yourself! I do that too. New follower!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!