Sep 6, 2012

Random Thursday

So today I want to bring up something totally random, as the day warrants...

We all--or a good portion of bloggers--know the beloved Chapter 32! How that little chapter changed all our worlds! Sigh....

Yes, who could forget that beloved number! Although I was happy with 32 long before Jeaniene's One Foot in the Grave.

It's kind of silly really, but when I was younger I used to subscribe to the Scooby Doo Comics series.

So here we have issue 32, you can note the number in the corner! Why was this one so special you ask?


So, it's kind of blurry, but at the back of the comics they would have letters to the characters and artwork as well. And information about the next comic. Well, on issue 32, my letter to Scooby Doo was featured! It was in March 2000, I know it's hard to see, but my letter is the one on the left of the center column.

It reads:

Dear Scooby-Doo,

I am your #1 fan and I love your shows, even a pup named Scooby-Doo! One thing I notice: Fred is head over heels for Daphne. Why doesn't he tell her loves her? When the gang splits up, they're together. One more thing: Velma puts her hand in the back and magically a box of Scooby Snacks appears! How does she do that? Scooby Dooby Doo!!


And the response:

Of course Fred loves Daphne! Who doesn't? But according to Cartoon Network, they don't go out, and they never will. Hmmm, maybe Daphne could go out with Biff from Jabber Jaw.


Yes, it's hokey, but it was over 12 years ago, nearing 13 considering the month it was released! But that is how 32 came to be my lucky number! Sort of! Never worked if I picked it in the lottery or anything!






1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!