Aug 30, 2012

Graphic Novel Review--Frostbite by Richelle Mead, Leigh Dragoon and Emma Vieceli

When love and jealousy collide on the slopes, winter break turns deadly.

A Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir’s on high alert, and the Academy whisks its students away on a mandatory holiday ski trip. But the glittering winter landscape and posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety. When three students run away to strike back at the Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. Only this time, Rose—and her heart—are in more danger than she could have imagined.


Since I was just about to start another book this afternoon, I decided to read one of the graphic novels I had sitting in its own TBR pile! Richelle Mead's Frostbite was on top, so I decided to go with it! It was also the shortest one!

I love returning to the Vampire Academy world this way! Not only do I get to have color pictures, but the story is condensed. Which can be seen as both good and bad, but since my TBR pile is through the roof, I'm seeing it as good! And I think this might be due to the expertise of Leigh Dragoon since she "adapted" this story! Kudos to you Leigh! And naturally Kudos to Richelle as well since she wrote the novel first! That's a given!

What was also nice was, at the beginning of the novel there was a nice little recap of the first book and basically the ins and outs of the Vampire Academy World.

Frostbite, as you might remember as Rose and her friends trapped in a cabin in the mountains as Strigoi are attacking Royal Moroi and their Guardians. Rose is worried for Lissa's sake since she is her best friend and a Royal Moroi, the last of the Dragomirs.

Of course we get to see Janine Hathaway, Rose's mother for the first time! It was interesting seeing her mom in comic form. She came off a little more aged than I had pictured, but still not horribly so! And oh yeah, ADRIAN! While I was always team Dimitri in this series, I did still love Adrian! Definitely like him more so in the new series! Adrian is seriously HOT as an illustration! Way hotter than I first imagined him. I was too far off base apparently!

What's fun about these graphic novels are the illustrations! They are so colorful and vivid! I love even the contrast of skin of the characters. You know automatically who is human, who is Moroi and who is Strigoi. They are that detailed! Kudos to Ms. Vieceli on that!

Even the graphic novel version of Frostbite had me in tears, as most of you know already how it ends. I think it was even worse that I knew. I felt like I was expecting a different end, but sadly, no.

Cannot wait for the next one though! And the rest of the series! Imagine what Dimitri will be like come the fourth one! Yikes!

If you're a fan of the Vampire Academy series, I HIGHLY recommend reading the graphic novels! They are fun quick reads and you get to see images of your favorite characters and storylines all rolled together! It's quite breathtaking!


Overall rating 5/5 stars






3 comments:

  1. I flipped through the first graphic novel while at the library but I do want to read them. Seems like a fun way to get a short recap with pictures! I also want to see how hot Adrian looks! LOVE HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so need to read VA. gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these graphic novels. The art and colorsare superb. I loved the artists vision of the characters too. This is one of my fave series too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!