Apr 29, 2012

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.
Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)



This week's topic is: FAVORITE PARANORMAL THEMES IN BOOKS!



*in no particular order


KICKASS HEROINES

Not to get into cliches of Urban Fantasy or the top elements, but what I love about my paranormal books are the kick ass heroines! Not only do they kick ass in varying degrees, they are (usually) totally likable too! Snarky attitudes, caring...what's not to love about them?



SNARKY SIDEKICKS


I loooove the sidekicks as well!! Thinking particularly of Giguhl and Beezle!! They really do lighten up the seriousness of the situations and add the needed humor!




SAVING THE WORLD


So this goes with Larissa's Good vs Evil, the world usually needs saving, even if it's just the heroine's city or hometown. The villain is always up to something devious!




PARANORMAL GOODNESS


So this might be an oxy-moron given that it is themes found in paranormal books, but I still can't help but love the paranormal creatures or attributes or whatever that makes the book a paranormal read! From vamps to weres to ghosts to necromancers to demons...I could go on and on, but I think you get the point! I looove see the classics and some of the lesser known paranormal beings and seeing what the author does with the lore!




FAMILY ISSUES


This one might seem odd, but I like that the characters tend to, not always, have some sort of family issue. My family is kinda liked that too. My grandma wasn't hellbent on killing us or taking over the world and my father surely never killed someone to get back at me, but I love the fact that family issues in these books are always so extreme! Makes my family look normal! Plus I do like seeing the heroine deal with it all!






1 comment:

  1. awesome picks! I LOVE snarky sidekicks too =D

    btw, I belatedly added mr linky and added your post there =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!