Mar 9, 2012

Review--Unbroken by Rachel Caine

For millennia, Cassiel was a powerful Djinn—until she was exiled to live among mortals. Now the threat of an apocalypse looms, and Cassiel is in danger of losing everything she has come to hold dear...

As the world begins to fall apart around her, Cassiel finds herself fighting those she once called her own—the Djinn. With Weather Warden Luis Rocha and the rescued child Ibby by her side, Cassiel struggles to find a way to protect those that are in her charge and come to terms with the leadership role she never asked for.

Cassiel is opposed by a powerful Djinn bent on raising an army of kidnapped Warden children to bring about nothing less than the end of the world. It will take everything Cassiel has to stop the Djinn from starting a war that will wipe all of humanity from the face of the earth. She knows that this might not be a battle she can survive, but protecting those she loves is worth any cost...

OMG! I was not aware til I finished the book, that Rachel Caine is ending The Outcast series with Unbroken! But what an ending!! It went right alongside her Weather Warden series, so we get to see Joanne and David again! Yay!

While that was fun and knowing what the fate of the world would be, there was still a lot left unknown! Cass still has to deal with Pearl. And do her best for Isabel, who was traumatized by Pearl. Yet Isabel, is the smallest of the problems. It seems the Wardens need her and Luis to help them out. But things are totally chaotic! 

Oh FYI, St. Louis, was a city to fall in the book! A little upsetting that I died...unless I escaped, but where to?

Hee hee! Okay back to the review! There was just pure and utter chaos throughout the book! Cass and Luis are doing a lot of road-tripping across the states getting to where they are needed. And danger follows them at every turn or waits lurking around the bend!

I truly loved it! Cass also learns a lot about herself, humanity, and the Mother. Things that had been said come to front once and for all and we get to learn their meaning. We've come totally full circle now and the ending was a total shocker!

I am going to miss Rachel's Weather Warden world, for now is truly the end of the series. I look forward to reading Rachel's next series, whatever that may be, in the future!

Overall rating 5/5 stars



3 comments:

  1. I'm about to start the Weather Warden series. I didn't know there was a spin off series too.
    Good to know that you loved both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, I'm currentl reading it, almost finished. So sad it's the last one I agree. I can't wait to have the final word of the story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really going to miss the Weather Warden World :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!