Mar 11, 2012

Review--First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson is a part-time private investigator and full-time grim reaper. Meaning, she sees dead people. Really. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (like murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an entity who has been following her all her life…and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely. But what does he want with Charley? And why can’t she seem to resist him? And what does she have to lose by giving in?

I so loved this book! Can't believe I waited so long to read Darynda Jones's First Grave on the Right! Like so many bloggers I am now just discovering how awesome this series truly is!

Charley is without a doubt the coolest character ever! She is so sassy and has a wicked attitude that just flies off the pages! The things that come out of her mouth are so unexpected and hilarious! She really knows how to entertain a crowd!

Charley is a part-time reaper as well as a multitude of other career choices, 3.7 to be exact, and reaping tends to take up more time than she would think, since it sometimes involve solving murders. And that's where she finds herself yet again when three lawyers--partners--turn up dead. She not only has to solve their case of murder, but also solve the case they were working on, to help an innocent man get out of jail. Easier said than done!

Charley is also being plagued by dreams, very visual and pleasing dreams of a mysterious man. She can't help but feel as if she knows him from somewhere, which then turns into a mission of its own!

First Grave on the Right sets up what is sure to be a stunning series filled with tons of laughs! This is definitely one read you do not want to pass up! I am going to buy the next two books asap!

The ending becomes quite the shocker. Charley has ended up going through a lot, danger at every turn with too many dead people following her as well. But she also knows how to put them to work! What was also fun and surprising about the book is, you never knew when the new character popped up, whether he was alive or dead. Until Charley notes it at least, but still this was a tremendous read! I cannot say it enough! All the other bloggers have got it right, Charley Davidson ROCKS!

Overall rating 5/5 stars




6 comments:

  1. Ohh, I just ordered all three books in this series, and after reading this review I really can't wait to read them. I read the excerpt on Amazon and just laughed my arse off. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too! I randomly saw the cover on facebook or goodreads and added it to read. I just love the shoes on the cover! LOL And I was really pleased with it. The ending had a lot of shockers and it was really interesting. Also got to love Reyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Charley and Reyes are two of my favorite fictional characters. The rest of the series is just as good, if not better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series has been on my TBR pile for so long. I really need to get to it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAA great you've started it! Now you'll love the others. The third in the best! Can't wait to see your others review. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I brought this one just last week and I can't wait to read it now after reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!