Dec 14, 2011

Review--Reckoning by Lili St. Crow

THIS IS IT.

Sixteen-year-old orphan Dru Anderson has faced down suckers, zombies, and wulfen without flinching. And now that she's bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha, she doesn't even need a gun. But the Real World is still a frightening place...and things are about to get ugly. Really ugly.

Dru Anderson has escaped with her life, but she's not out of the woods yet. She's on the lam in a stolen car with her best friend Graves riding shotgun and a Broken wulf named Ash curled up in the backseat. Desperate, Dru heads deep into the Appalachian Mountains to the one place she thinks they'll be safe. But her grandmother's wards and enchantments can't keep Dru's scent from the suckers for long--especially when Dru is betrayed by the one person she trusts most.

It's all come down to this.

ONE battle. ONE choice. ONE final sacrifice.

So I finally got around to Lili St. Crow's finale to her epic Strange Angels series, Reckoning! And it was pretty good! The one thing that bugged me was that it had been so long since I've read the books I felt a little lost at first and it took some time for me to get caught up. There were quiet enough clues for me to remember what happened last time completely or even vaguely.

But it was still good! Really fast paced too! Dru goes from place to place trying to find a safe place for her and her friends, but it's a task easier said than done! There was a lot left unsaid between Dru and everyone at the Schola, but it was what she had to do to escape. Sergei is still out there and calling for her blood.

There was a LOT of tension with Dru and the guys this time around! We've been with this love triangle for 4 books now and the tension is still thick! And this was one where I could never really pick a "team" that I liked. But for this book I was fully on team Graves! But still, Lili really can play with my emotions in this one, she practically makes you like both guys at times! Each one is complicated and hard to figure out.

The ending was pretty good, I say pretty good because this was one where the tail ending left me a little unhappy. There just felt like one too many loose-ends left hanging. Really there was 1 that drove me nuts, and the other of course is "what will Dru do now?" kind of thing which is no biggie. Either than that, I really did like the whole book! It was just the end that made me a little unhappy or unsatisfied. But still, do not let this stop you from reading it of course! It's the finale! And if you haven't read the series yet, I still recommend it, for it was one helluva thrill ride!

Overall rating 4/5 stars




4 comments:

  1. You had a way different reaction to this book than I did. I didn't like it that much at all. I felt as though there were too many unresolved issues and the book seemed to raise more questions than it answered.
    Glad to see that you liked it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Strange Angels yesterday and am planning to continue with the series in following weeks. Uh, but I'm 100% team Chris, no matter what. Which is weird since I usually go with the werewolves rather than with (half)vampires, but still. Aaaah now I want to read the second part right away. How many books will there be/are?

    Aleksandra from ¸My Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this was one where I could never really pick a "team" that I liked. But for this book I was fully on team Graves!

    My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on team Christophe since book one. I was ready to see who she picked and expected her to pick Graves even though I really hoped she didn't. Then I read the ending and I am angry. Very angry. I still loved the series and everything but really? She didn't pick either one. I don't understand. We didn't find out her full name. Is she losing "the touch"? I could keep going on but because this is the last book we won't know. I finished this book one month ago and these questions still pick at me. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!