Dec 28, 2011

DNF Review

Even a vampire has to face her inner demons…

Kat Redding is the very thing she hunts: a vampire, thirsting for blood, capable of killing any creature unlucky enough to get in her path. The difference is, Kat kills her own kind in order to protect human Purebloods. She’s good at what she does. Good enough to earn the nickname Lady Death—and the enmity of every bloodthirsty being around. But now a vampire Count is intent on merging his House with a werewolf cult to create a force of terrifying power.

Kat can’t allow that to happen. Even if it means taking on a den of weres and a vampire more ruthless than any she’s encountered before. She has the weapons, the skill, and a few allies. But that may not be enough to eliminate the Count before her own dark nature rises to the surface—and costs her whatever is left of her humanity…


So I got To Walk the Night by E.S. Moore for review awhile back and tried to start it last week. It didn't go so well. Maybe it was due to upcoming holidays or the fact that my niece was home instead of at school--and being loud like any 3 year old! There's probably a lot of factors that kept me from finishing this one. I read over 100 pages, and I liked it, yet I just couldn't fall into it.
It has a dystopian settin, in a future where vamps and weres rule the night and humans live in fear. I didn't get much further than that really. Kat was just getting recruited by a strange bunch and she was uneasy about working for them.
So I decided to put it aside for now. Not sure when I'll get to it since my TBR pile grows constantly. But I'm going to keep it and try to give it ago another day.

So since I didn't finish this one, I'm not going to rate it with star quality. It definitely has a lot of potential. I just need to be in a better frame of mind to read it.









3 comments:

  1. I've had this one on my wishlist - I'm glad you liked what you read.

    I have had some trouble getting into the reading groove with the holidays - here's hoping we jump back on the reading wagon. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it will be better when you'll try another time. I think it's difficult sometimes. I'll receive this one to read it, I hope it wouldn't be the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you weren't able to finish it. It's always annoying when a book isn't actually bad, but for some reason you can't connect with it. I hope you're next read will work better! And if you do try again, that you'll manage to finish it:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!