Oct 27, 2011

Random Thursday

I was trying to think of something Halloween themed for today, but couldn't really pinpoint anything particular down. There's just too much! And some of it you might already know.

Like the story behind the Jack o lantern. Short version--from what I remember, Jack was a stingy man alive. He always played pranks and was just kind of mean. So when he died he wasn't allowed into heaven, so he went down to hell. But he kept playing tricks and pranks on the devil so he kicked him out too. He was then forced to wander the world--or I guess limbo--with only a hallowed out pumpkin with a candle in it to guide his way.

That's what I recall anyway!

I've always been a big fan of the paranormal. Which might be why I've never had my own ghostly encounter. You always tend to know someone who knows someone who had one. I haven't. My sister claims to when she was younger. I've been to our St. Louis Lemp Mansion--one of the most haunted places in the states if I remember Haunted History correctly, but it was just for a murder mystery dinner. I didn't get to tour the place which I would've liked to. But I was in a room where ghostly activity was claimed to happen.
Lemp Mansion


Another place I went to was a murder mystery breakfast place--can't recall the name. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be haunted or not. The owners told us that people have died--in some of the rooms we slept in. Of course this was the morning after!

But still, never had a ghostly encounter. And I do think it has to do with the fact that I wouldn't mind having one. I'd still probably be scared to death, but still wouldn't mind! Crazy, yes. I guess I am!

What about you guys? Have any of you had a ghostly encounter? Or have a spooky Halloween story to share?



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE scary places but I haven't had a ghostly encounter either. I'm not even sure that I believe in them. My town has a Haunted Forest type thing that I love going to. It's not real but it's still a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!