Feb 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly blog post by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

As I mentioned in my Monday post, I'm planning on tackling the rest of the Succubus/Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead this week and now am on book 3! I just started it so I'm not that far along, but it's already promising to be good!
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"This walking Barbie doll was a succubus. A really new one. So shiny and new, in fact, it was a wonder she didn't squeak. I recognized her age both from her signature and her appearance. No succubus with any sense would have shapeshifted into that. She was trying too hard, haphazardly piling together an assortment of pseudo male-fantasy body parts. It left her with a Frankensteinian creation that was both jaw-dropping and probably anatomically impossible." p 10









Yeah, it ran a little longer than I thought, but I wanted to include the Barbie part because it got a chuckle out of me!

TITLE: Succubus Dreams
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
October 1, 2008

6 comments:

  1. LOL I remember that part, so hilarious! Great teaser!;)
    Happy reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun series. I still have the most recent on my TBR stack though. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Warped by Maurissa Guibord and my adult teaser is from Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wit in this teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-shadowfever.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about this series but haven't gotten around to reading it. Great teaser! Hope you enjoy!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why haven't I read this series before? Richelle is one of my most favourite authors! How does this series compare to VA? Do you like this more? Or does Dimitri/ Adrian and the gang from VA do more for you...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I've been eyeing some of Mead's other works since I loved VA. Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!