Feb 10, 2011

Review--E-ARC Green-Eyed Demon by Jaye Wells

The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. She has to save her sister from her mysterious captors. And in order to do that, she has to broker a deal between the mages and the vampires before all hell breaks loose.

But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won’t be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about, she’s got to save herself from the ghosts of her past. Because the past is haunting her. Literally.

I received this E-ARC courtesy of NetGalley.

Jaye Wells does it again with Green-Eyed Demon! She brings you into her world where vampires and mages coexist with humans and are at the brink of war.

But the war will have to wait, for Sabina has other problems to deal with, such as rescuing her twin sister from her grandmother. Man and I thought my family was a little nuts! Sabina's family, or at least her grandmother, is totally insane!

Despite my loving the book overall, I will admit that it does get a little slow here and there, but it's nothing major. Soon other problems occur for Sabina to make things more interesting. I just felt like at times there wasn't quite enough excitement, but it was still a GREAT read, one that I will still be buying to add to my permanent collection.

I truly love Sabina's character, she started off seeming like a callus *itch, but then when things start to get really tough, you see her true character and realize that her icy shell is just a facade and that she is a caring person, she has just learned to hide her feelings and such because of granny dearest. Her friends, Giguhl, the demon and Adam the mage are truly wonderful. First of all Adam is freakin' hot! What's not to love? His character is also good because he too is caring despite his shield he uses to cover his true feelings at time. And who doesn't love Giguhl? He is as sassy as ever. And sometimes it is still hard for me to picture him being this freaky demon with the...you know...down there. ;)

The storyline really picks up as Sabina is forced to make some ultimately tough decisions, and once again she is reluctant to have help even though Team Awesome has her back. But things get really dicey when word gets out that grandmother dear wants to raise Cain. The Cain. Sabina will do everything possible to prevent that and rescue her sister, including sacrificing herself.

There is a LOT of tension in this one! Wayyy up towards the end too. And there are quite a few surprises, one that I was grateful to see, won't say what...and another that shocked me to my core. The ending was completely shocking!! Let's just say when you hit the last few chapters, like the last 3, don't stop reading. For the action and everything really gets intense!

So can't wait to the next one! Didn't even let myself read the sneak peek, because sometimes that just adds to the torture! Overall I give this one 4.5/5 stars! A truly GREAT read!

This title will release on February 22, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I loved this book too!! Gotta love Adam huh?? awesome!

    I did read the sneak peak and you're right, just made the wait for the next book that much worse LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!