Dec 21, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly blog post by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

More love to NetGalley since with their help I'm able to read Kim Harrison's Pale Demon 2 months early!! Loving it so far! A lot of laughs! And it was hard to choose just one teaser, so I have a few!

Teaser Tuesday Rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
 "'You've lost Jack!' I shouted as I pinched his wrist until he let go of the knife, then wrenched his arm up and pressed him into the nearby light pole. 'We've got Jill,' I said as he grunted, 'and no way are you getting that bucket of water in my garden. If you don't relax, I'm going to bust your crown. We clear?'" p 23 (*page number and quote comes from my E-ARC edition and therefore are not final)

"Jenks darted into the car as I got in, taking his usual seat on the rearview mirror. 'You're not going to swear all the bloody Tink-blasted way there, are you?' he asked." p 56 (*see above statement)

"What is wrong with me? I thought as I snatched my bag up from the bed and went out, slamming the door hard enough to shake the windows and let Trent know I left. Jenks had been kidnapped and I was thinking about Trent naked in the shower?" p 121 (*See above statement)

TITLE: Pale Demon
AUTHOR:
Kim Harrison
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
February 22, 2011

22 comments:

  1. Great teasers! I've been meaning to pick up these books! My TT is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit behind in this series, but I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent teaser! It made me want to shcek out this series. I haven't read anything by Kim Harrison yet but I would like to.

    I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser but I still have to read Black Magic Sanction. It is somewhere buried on my TBR stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this book and these are great teasers :)

    You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/teaser-tuesdays-dec-21/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are 3 great teasers.i enjoy it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trent naked in the shower sounds good! I hadn't heard of this series before. This week my teaser is from The Iron Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful teaser! New follower! :D

    Happy Holidays,
    Zakiya - My teasers this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love this series! Jenks is my absolute fave character too!

    Good teaser. Mine is up! Tuesday Teaser - Silent Night

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teasers! I'll have to look into this series!

    See my teaser at Between the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your teasers. :) I haven't seen this book yet, so I'm going to go look it up! Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! These are great teasers! Mine is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-122110.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my teaser from Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately (Page 1):

    "Do you hear it?" The voice was almost a whisper.

    Elsa held her breath, and then she heard it too, a faint rustling of footsteps over twigs and leaves. Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed several shadowy figures darting through the trees, and when she turned, she saw a glint of sunlight reflecting off the barrel of an assault rifle.

    There was no denying it—the Taliban had found them.

    Oh, Jesus! she thought. We'll never escape.

    Elsa knew the Taliban's ruthless hatred; the death and destruction they wrought was undeniable.

    Seized by a sickening wave of fear, she wanted to cry or throw up, but there was no time. She tried to catch Parween's eye, but her friend was looking back, intent on finding the source of the sound.

    "Run!" someone shouted, and suddenly, the chase was on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great teasers! Sounds like an exciting read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have these books on my wishlist can't wait to get them . Thanks for the teaser makes me want them even more.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWWWWW!!!! So jealous of you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teasers! I'll definitely have to check out Pale Demon when it releases.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey really good. I am behind in this series - about 3 books behind, lol - but it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hehe cant wait to see what you thin of this one! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been seeing this book around. :) Great teaser! Enjoy your book and your holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!