Dec 26, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly blog post by Kirsti over at The Story Siren.

This will also be my Christmas edition IMM for there were a few goodies from Santa that are book related as well!!

First up I got my Tour T-shirt I bought from Kim Harrison's Pale Demon tour! She'll be hitting St. Louis on the stop in March so I had to get a one!




Then I got some swag and a Supernatural Underground button from the authors at the Supernatural Underground



Then I got a SIGNED ARC of Taken by the Others by Jess Haines that I won in a contest at her blog! Thanks again Jess!




Then I went out the day before Christmas eve into Borders madness with everyone doing their last minute shopping before the snow came, it was insane, but TOTALLY worth it because look what I found while I was there and waited in a looong line for:

Rachel Vincent's My Soul to Steal!!! Yay!!

And then from my friend NetGalley I got an E-ARC of Jaye Wells Green Eyed Demon!!!


Then for Christmas from my aunt, I got a copy of Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


I also got some Borders gift cards as well to keep me satisfied for a little while this year at least!!

And then the creme de la creme was gift from my sister which I totally wasn't expecting:


A Kobo e-reader! Not the best pic what with Bush on the reader, but it was easier to grab the one from Borders' website! It was a real shocker, because I had been on the fence about the e-reader, but my sister made the decision for me! Might take a little bit for me to get into it really since I have some books already download on my laptop, was going to try to see if they might get on my  Kobo, but not 100%. Have to look into this!

So that was my wonderful Christmas mailbox that I got! LOVED it all!

I also got a Christmas card with some swag from Jami at YA Addict! Thanks Jami! I love getting mail so a Christmas card was much appreciated! Thanks!


Hope everyone had a GREAT holiday if they celebrated with a mailbox filled with everything they wanted! So what did you get in your mailbox this week?

9 comments:

  1. You had a very nice Christmas! I really liked My Soul to Steal. I had the eARC from NetGalley. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed CA and hope you do too. Happy Reading and Happy New Year!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I was a little unsure about getting an e-reader, but when I got my Kindle, I was so happy, and now I love it! And the books are cheaper, and you get them instantly, so it's definitely worth it!
    Enjoy Clockwork Angel, it's absolutely amazing!

    Bella @
    www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Kobo! I'm loving mine. Just bought my first official eBook today. If you're having problems converting books so that they're readable on your Kobo d/l Calibre. It's free and a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Oh my gosh. So jealous of Green Eyed Demon!! I requested it, but pretty late on Christmas Eve so I suspect even if I do get it, it may not be for a little while. But fingers crossed!! Nice haul!! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! what an awesome mailbox!!!

    Love the Pale Demon shirt! perfect!

    lucky your for getting Taken by The Others! so cool =D

    Congrats on getting a Kobo! I recommend you checking out a free program called "Calibre" when it comes to converting ebook formats this one the best!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a great haul this week! I cannot wait to see what you think of "Clockwork Angel" and your Kobo (I am totally on the fence about whether or not I want an e-reader).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great mailbox yourself. :) Like the new blog design. Can't wait to see what you think of Iron Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again, enjoy all those books!

    Happy Holidays! =)

    <3,
    -J

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!