Oct 23, 2010

Randomness...but Chuckle-Worthy

So I was bored and just started googling random images and came across some that were pretty funny! Like this one with Disney Princesses making faces instead of being all royal and perfect! Of course Alice isn't a princess, but Aurora is still giving her a noogie!







Saw this one too and had a laugh! Some of the features are pretty funny too, How to Get Married in 3 Days, How to tell if that Horrifying Beast is actually a Prince, New Sex Tips. That ought be interesting!











Saw this one and thought it was pretty interesting. According to the website: Jeff Brunner put together this analysis of the evolution of the Disney princess.

It was interesting, but a little bashing on Disney and feminism or whatever. I mean these are kids movies. Why do people have to go and do this kind of thing? Sure it's too. The princesses waited to be rescued or whatever, but that was pretty much how the original fairy tale went too, usually just a little more gruesome.

Except I believe in the original Little Mermaid, the mermaid, not Ariel, didn't end up with her Prince Eric. Or whatever his name was.



Anyone else remember Gummy Bears?












Saw this and thought it was awesome! The Disney Princess is dressed in her villain's clothing! Don't know why I thought it was so cool! I guess because we always see the Princess in usually 1 of 3 outfits!







These were a few other cartoons I used to love watching! Hate that they got canceled and replaced with more boring cartoons. Some of them on today are just no fun anymore!









Anyone else remember this show? I was so addicted to it!! Still wished there could've been a bit more closure with Fi and her trying to find out what really went on with her dad's death.

Unless I totally missed something with the show. Wish that this could be on DVD!






I guess that's enough randomness for one day. This is what I get when I am left to my own devices and being on my own for another day. I did some work on my WIP but had to take a break, because I had been going at it for several hours!

So what were some of your favorite shows growing up? Ones that got canceled or still running? I have tons more I could talk about, as well as finding other funny/cute pics but like I said, I think this enough for one day!

Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the princesses in the villian costumes...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of photos! I like the goofy princesses one. On The Little Mermaid story, the Hans Christian Andersen version has the mermaid dying and turning into sea foam at the end, and in some of the older verions, she kills herself. In one version, she kills the /prince/. Goes to show how family-unfriendly faery tales can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok this post rocks!!

    Love the princesses making faces and them in their villains' clothes! awesome!

    GUMMY BEARS are so freaking awesome!

    Loved Rocko's modern life and rugrats!


    hehe

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!