Dec 16, 2009

Review--Bite Marks


Jaz Parks here. But I'm not alone. I'm hearing voices in my head--and they're not mine. The problem, or maybe the solution, is work. And the job's a stinker this time--killing gnomes that are threatening to topple NASA'a Australian-based space complex. Yeah, I know. Vayl and I should still be able to kick this one in our sleep. Except that Hell has thrown up a demon named Kyphas to knock us offtrack. And damn is she indestructible!

Another book done! Yup this birthday girl spent her morning reading a book! I mean what else would a bibliophile do? ;)

The latest in the Jaz Park series was thrilling as are all Jennifer Rardin's books. They are so adventurous, you get to travel to so many different places and never have to leave home! Yeah, yeah, it sounds cliche, but it is true.

This time Jaz and her crew went to Australia to stop gnomes, and not the garden variety kind, from causing massive destruction. But as always, that is only the tip of the iceberg. There are many surprises in this book that will leave you gasping and not all of them are friendly. Jaz is hearing voices in her head, and not the usual kind, one in particular is an unwanted voice that has somehow gotten inside of her mind. No matter how hard she tries she cannot seem to get rid of it while it rides passenger inside of her, but it is fighting for total control of her as well. This makes things difficult for her and her team because they cannot be sure when to trust her. Although, that is not as major as a problem as I am making it seem, but it does come across Jaz's thoughts.

Plus Cassandra has a major problem that could cost her her very life and Jaz must do what she can to protect the woman who is like a sister to her. Cassandra has revealing news that she has been keeping secret, two secrets in fact. Both which are shocking...not necessarily in a good way for both.

Jaz is finally getting use to being in a fully committed relationship with Vayl, but the voice in her head is trying to mess it up which presents minor problems in their budding relationship. She also still has the problem of getting Cole to fall out of love with her, even though he says he's working on it, she doesn't know if he is trying really hard.

There are quite a few surprises as I said in this book, but I don't want to divulge into too many. One involves Cole and I cannot figure out if it is really real! Ah! So annoying. But not all surprises are good as a nasty one hits Jaz towards the end of the novel that sends her world off course.

Rardin does excellent research! In every book the crew goes somewhere foreign and Rardin writes about these places wonderfully through the use of her research. I met her once a few years ago, and I don't think she always gets to travel to these places, but I think that she has done some traveling. Although do not quote me on that for I really cannot remember. Either way she does a terrific job in making me think I was in Australia for this book. I just got back to the US today! Oh my, how corny I sound! Hey it's my birthday, give me break! ;)

I may not start another book until tomorrow, so you can except a review possibly Friday sometime before I have to go to work. Next up is Monk's Magic in the Shadows.

Bitten in Two is up next for the series, but I don't know the release date yet.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!