Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"Riley gave a bark of laughter, as if he couldn't help himself, and shook his head. 'I think I've been dethroned.' He chuckled as the Eastern dragon raised a brow at him. 'The king of BS is dead. Long live the queen.'" Kindle loc. 23%*
*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Paranormal/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: April 25, 2017
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
*in no particular order
**I've been very blessed to meet several favorite authors already, but I still can't help but want to meet a few! Though they're likely to be the hardest ones to meet ever!
THE ONES I WAS SOOO CLOSE TO MEETING!
10. MAUREEN JOHNSON--I think it might have RT 13 or 14 that I was sooo close to meeting her! Sadly she had to cancel last minute!
9. KAREN MARIE MONING--again, I was sooo close to meeting her at RT 12 but I think she canceled early on. Hoping to meet her one day at a signing, but yet I can't seem to find one on a weekend that's in easy driving distance!
8. TAHEREH MAFI--I nearly met her at BEA last year, but alas, I couldn't get to her line in time. I did get to see her from a distance though. One day!
7. KADY CROSS (and her many alter egos)--ironically, I almost met her RT 12 as well! But she too had to cancel last minute due to illness.
AUTHORS I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MEET (which really can encompass every single author I've read and loved but have yet to meet but will narrow it down to these last 6.):
6. MARIANNE CURLEY--I've loved her books ever since Old Magic first released!
5. CARA LYNN SHULTZ--really enjoyed her magical books as well! Still in a state of denial that it's all over! That The Dark World just ends with the first book.
4. L.J. SMITH--the real one. Not the one the publisher called L.J. to write their Vampire Diaries finale. Still grumbly about that.
3. ALYSSA ROSE IVY--my most favorite NA author ever!! I ADORE her Paranormal YA titles!
2. LIZ BRASWELL/TRACY LYNN--I LOVED her first fairy tale retelling Snow! I reread that one at least 4 or 5 times as a teen. Her newest Disney retellings were pretty much misses, except for the final one As Old as Time! My love for Snow though overpowers any misbegotten feelings for those other two books.
and of course, this one will pretty much be on all our lists...
1. J.K. ROWLING--nuff said.